All documents must be printed out and presented in original plus a photocopy where required. Applicants should always appear in person. Applicants must provide:
- Duly completed application form;
- Valid passport or travel document (original plus one photocopy), valid at least 3 months beyond the return date of your trip from Italy and at least with two blank pages. The passport will be kept and returned with the visa, if approved;
- Valid Cyprus Residence Permit (original plus one photocopy), valid at least 3 months beyond the return date of your trip in Italy;
- Passport-style photo full front and white background and not older than 6 months;
- Cover letter;
- Documentation of socio-professional standing:
- Students: recent (not older than one month) original reference letter duly signed, on the official headed paper either from your employer or from your University/College addressed to the Italian Consulate (hard copy)
- Employed applicants: should provide recent letter (no older than one month) of references from your employer, which must include: company registration number, employment start date, job title, annual salary and vacation period. You must include your last three payslips (original plus photocopies);
- Self-employed applicants: should provide certificates of incorporation; business bank statements (last three months); copies of business income taxes or in alternative to this last point an accountant letter (no older than one month, it must be a hard copy)
- Retired applicants: copy of your retirement compensation from social security;
- Unemployed applicants:
- dependent spouses/civil partners/parents should provide spouse’s/civil partner’s/descendant’s employment information i.e. employment letter, payslips and joint income tax return or, in case you do not have a joint income tax, please provide original (plus one copy) of marriage/civil partnership/birth certificates plus sponsorship letter plus passport photocopy of the spouse/partner/descendant;
- dependent children should provide parents’ financial information: last 3 months bank statements, last three payslips, original (plus one photocopy) of the child’s birth certificate plus sponsorship letter and plus passport photocopy of the sponsoring parent. Please, note:
- marriage certificates/civil partnership certificates older than 6 months will NOT be accepted
- Certificates issued by a foreign authority other than Cyprus, MUST be (1) in original, (2) provided with Apostille or legalised by the Italian Consular Office of the issuing Country or Consular Authority in Cyprus of the issuing Country and (3) if in a third language translated in English or Italian with a certified translation;
- Certificates issued by one of the Schengen countries will be accepted only if multilingual;
- Fully paid both-ways airplane travel tickets. If traveling among multiple Schengen countries, travel tickets are mandatory between every border;
- Fully booked hotel reservation OR original invitation letter from your host in Italy. The invitation letter must be addressed to the Italian Consulate, dated and duly signed together with a photocopy of the host ID/passport (in the photocopy must appear also the signature of the holder). If the host in Italy is a non-EU citizen, host’s Residence Permit in Italy is required (signature of the holder must appear);
- Travel insurance, which must be issued in Cyprus or in one of the Schengen countries, covering the intended period of stay. The insurance statement must be in original, stamped and duly signed by a Company’s officer, and must cover for any medical expenses, hospitalisation and repatriation for at least 30,000 euros during your entire stay in the Schengen area. A letter from the insurance provider confirming overseas coverage, of which every Schengen country may be required.
- Personal bank statements (banks or branches based in Cyprus) of the last three months showing bearer’s name, address and financial history. The bank statements provided must show the salary (or pension) coming in. Any other Cypriot bank account (including savings) showing enough funds can be submitted
Please be aware that, at the time of your appointment, your application will not be accepted unless presented with all required documents. In case of incomplete submissions, the applicant will have to reschedule a new appointment.
The information outlined above may be subject to change without prior notice. No liability can be accepted for the consequences of such changes.
This consular administration has full authority to evaluate and request additional documentation, if deemed necessary, in addition to what has been submitted. Furthermore, the applicant, is hereby informed that submitting all the required documentation, does not guarantee the issuance of any particular visa.