Students enrolling in full Italian University Programs
Applicants should always appear in person. All documents must be printed out and presented in original plus a photocopy where required. Applicants must provide:
- Duly completed application form;
- Valid passport or travel document (original plus one photocopy), valid at least 3 months beyond the return date of your trip from Italy and at least with two blank pages. The passport will be kept and returned with the visa, if approved;
- Valid Cyprus Residence Permit (original plus one photocopy), valid at least 3 months beyond the return date of your trip in Italy;
- Passport-style photo, full front and white background and not older than 6 months;
- Declaration of value (if applicable), issued by the Italian Consulate/Embassy having jurisdiction over the University/ School that issued the certificate;
- One way travel tickets reservation. If travelling to multiple Schengen countries, travel tickets between each country is mandatory.
- Proof of accommodation: rental agreement or at least 15/30 days of hotel reservation. In case the applicant is staying with friends/family, a letter of invitation is required along with the host’s ID (valid permit of stay for non-European Union citizens) where the signature of the holder appears;
- Travel insurance, which must be issued in Cyprus or in one of the Schengen countries. The insurance statement must be in original, stamped and duly signed by a Company’s officer, and must cover at the least the first 2 weeks of period of staying in Italy for any medical expenses, hospitalisation and repatriation for at least 30,000 euros during your entire stay in the Schengen area;
- Proof of financial means of support in Italy of no less than 500 euros per month. The availability can be proven through: personal last 3 months’ bank statement OR parents last 3 months’ bank statements alongside with original and 1 copy of birth certificate. Please, note: Certificates issued by a foreign authority other than Cyprus, MUST be (1) in original, (2) provided with Apostille or legalised by the Italian Consular Office of the issuing Country or Consular Authority in Cyprus of the issuing Country and (3) if in a third language translated in English or Italian with a certified translation.
Please be aware that, at the time of your appointment, your application will not be accepted unless presented with all required documents. In case of incomplete submissions, the applicant will have to reschedule a new appointment.
The information outlined above may be subject to change without prior notice. No liability can be accepted for the consequences of such changes.
This consular administration has full authority to evaluate and request additional documentation, if deemed necessary, in addition to what has been submitted. Furthermore, the applicant, is hereby informed that submitting all the required documentation, does not guarantee the issuance of any particular visa.