The Schengen Visa is a visa issued by this Embassy, valid for a maximum of 90 days, which allows the visa holder to travel in the Schengen area. If you intend to visit one or more Schengen Countries in the course of a single trip, you must apply for a visa at the Consulate of the Country that is your main destination (i.e. where you will stay longer). If, in the course of your trip, you will spend an equal amount of time in different Countries, the visa MUST be requested at the Consulate of the Schengen Country port of entry.
Please note that the border authorities may refuse entry to a foreign national who does not meet all requirements.
Do you need a visa? https://vistoperitalia.esteri.it/home/en
Legal status in Cyprus: Passports, travel documents and residence permits must have a validity of at least three months beyond the last day of your trip in the Schengen Area.
Appointments must be booked at https://prenotami.esteri.it/
If you are residing in the occupied part of Cyprus and cannot come to the Embassy’s premises in Nicosia, you can enquire for an appointment at email@example.com
Applicants must always appear in person.
Please, make sure to have all paperwork complete and in order before coming to the visa office to apply for the type of visa you wish to request. All documents must be printed out and presented in original along with a photocopy where required. This office does not make photocopies on your behalf. Please make sure that the bar code of the application form is clear and printed in high quality.
Be aware that at the time of your appointment, your application will not be accepted unless presented with all required documents. If the items listed in the relevant visa category are not presented, the applicant may have to reschedule a new appointment.
This consular administration has full authority to evaluate and request additional documentation, if deemed necessary, in addition to what has been submitted. Furthermore, the applicant, is hereby informed that submitting all the required documentation, does not guarantee the issuance of any particular visa.
PASSPORTS AND TRAVEL DOCUMENTS: Before applying for your visa, make sure those documents have a validity of at least three months beyond the last day of your trip in the Schengen Area and at least two empty ‘VISA’ pages. The passport will be kept and returned with the visa, if approved.
Citizens of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and Travel Documents holders (with the three letters code XXA or XXB appearing in the ICAO) need to provide full names of mother and father and it must result from a birth certificate or Consular declaration.
- Marriage/civil partnership certificates older than 6 months will NOT be accepted.
- Certificates issued by a foreign authority other than Cyprus, MUST be (1) in original, (2) provided with Apostille or legalised by the Italian Consular Office of the issuing Country or Consular Authority in Cyprus of the issuing Country and (3) if in a third language translated in English or Italian with a certified translation.
- Certificates issued by one of the Schengen countries will be accepted only if multilingual, otherwise please refer to second note.
- Please note that for minors:
- If one or both parents do not appear in person on the application day, a parental consent notarised by a Cypriot notary is mandatory.
- If the parents live abroad, the consent must be notarised by the Italian Consulate of their country of residence. This also applies when parents living abroad nominate a guardian;
- a photocopy of both parents’ passports must be provided.
PROCESSING TIME: Generally, 15 days but it can take up to 45 days for Schengen Visa and up to 90 days for National Visa depending on the type of visa and citizenship of the applicant.
Please be aware that it is not possible to rush processing time because the system is completely automated.
You can apply for a visa no more than six months before the start of the intended visit, and no later than 15 calendar days before the start of the intended visit; the seafarers, in the performance of their duties, no more than 9 months in advance to the intended travel date are issued at the discretion of the Consulate upon fulfilments of all requirements provided by the Law.
VISA FEE: Visa fees are payable only in cash.
Schengen visa e-form https://e-applicationvisa.esteri.it/?L=en-GB