The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics has announced this year’s scholarships, offered by the Cyprus School of Molecular Medicine to Italian citizens. The application period for the academic year 2019-20 has started and the range of programs includes the innovative disciplines of Neuroscience, Molecular Medicine, Medical Genetics and Biomedical Research.
• The CSMM offers up to two tuition scholarships of 2,000 Euros each, for up to two students from Italy who will be accepted to study and register in any of its MSc programs.
• Furthermore, a number of full and partial scholarships to cover tuition fees are awarded to MSc and PhD students based on academic criteria.
• In addition to the above, various types of scholarships are available specifically for PhD students, for years 2, 3 and 4 which may cover costs of consumables and/or a monthly allowance.
• The exact amount and number of scholarships that are offered is always sub¬ject to the yearly budget of the School.
The Cyprus School of Molecular Medicine offers the following postgraduate programs:
1. MSc in Molecular Medicine (since 2012)
2. MSc in Medical Genetics (since 2012)
3. MSc in Neuroscience (since 2015)
4. MSc in Biomedical Research (since 2015)
5. PhD in Molecular Medicine (since 2012)
6. PhD in Medical Genetics (since 2012)
7. PhD in Neuroscience (since 2015)
Accreditation of the Cyprus School of Molecular Medicine:
1. All the above programs are fully accredited by all official accreditation bodies of the Republic of Cyprus and the degrees awarded, are considered equivalent to University degrees
2. The CSMM possess the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education, hence, it uses the ECTS system which allows the acknowledgment of its degrees’ workload within the European Countries and facilitates the mobility of its students and staff
3. The CSMM and its academic programs are also fully accredited in countries outside the European Union, i.e. the People’s Republic of China, the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and the Sultanate of Oman.
Furthermore, the preparatory course “Introduction to Biomedical Science” is a 3-week course, offered during end of August-beginning of September of every year, and it is addressed to BSc graduates and other professionals who wish to acquire knowledge in this field, regardless if they wish to proceed to postgraduate studies or not. Scholarships are offered for this course.
Please find attached the Cyprus School of Molecular Medicine Prospectus 2019-20. Contained within the prospectus, is detailed information regarding the following which is essential for international students:
• Admission requirements.
• Services provided by the Education Office to International Students
• Information on Scholarships and Tuition Fees
• Social Media links so that prospective students can receive updates concerning the CSMM through our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
The Cyprus Institute of Neurology & Genetics (CING) is a bi-communal, non-profit, private, publicly funded research, medical and academic Institution. The Vision of the CING is to function as a National Centre of Excellence and a Regional Referral Centre in the areas of Neurology, Genetics, Biomedical and Medical Sciences. The Mission of the CING is to develop and provide specialized clinical and laboratory services, develop and pursue advanced innovative research and provide postgraduate education in the areas of Neurology, Genetics, Biomedical, Medical and other similar and related Sciences. CING’s ultimate aim is to improve and upgrade the quality of life of patients and strengthen its international role in the areas of its specialties.